inquiries . . . .

If you would like to purchase seeds or have any questions, email me: urbantomato@gmail.com

planting my garlic


So, today, November 14th, I finally planted my garlic. This is one of the first times I have ever done it without frozen fingers or under a light dusting of snow, and I usually get to it around Halloween. Here are some photos
 3 varieties cracked, laid out, and ready to plant! 
 Created little divots in the soil for the cloves
 Garlic in the ground



 Cloves covered in soil, and then mulched in a think layer of straw. Gives it a nice warm blanket to protect it over the winter, and then as soon as the soil warms up in the spring, they can get growing

1 comment:

CallieK said...

I just planted garlic and sunchokes yesterday. We've been so blessed with a long warm fall, it's hard to believe it might snow on Thurs.